Friday, March 23, 2007

To My Mother!

One of the most amazing tender mercy's my heavenly father has given me in this life is my angel mother. She see's a need and responds to it. She seeks out the positive in situations and in people, and in doing so, brings out the best in others.

Just this week my mother called me and wanted to come help me get ready for our trip to Mexico. We spent most of the day busying our selves with tasks around the house with two sick kids in the morning(needs,needs,needs) and the same two that felt much better in the afternoon(energy,energy,energy). She has so much patience and love for my children that I am constantly amazed. During our day we had several good "interupted" conversations, how I long for more. I don't spend near enough time with my parents, something I miss and regret alot.
I remember we'd go visit my grandparents and days at a time were spent solely together, visiting, playing, preparing meals, going to swapmeets. Quality and quantity. Maybe living so close has caused us to spend less time together because we take our relationships for granted.

Telling someone you love them is very important. But showing them, working along side them, spending time with them, sitting on the porch and drinking lemonade, that is vital and a past-time nearly forgotten, with email, phones, and the many "good" opportunities we have our children involved in. Oh where is the balance. . . (Another story, another blog!!!)

Therein lies my quest: in search of a better life, a life simplified. Thank you mom for all you do, all you are and all you inspire in me. I love you

1 comment:

Erica Hanks said...

Why is it that grandma's are always so much more patient than we are?

Hope you had a fun trip! Call and give me the scoop when you settle back in!

About Me

Just trying to get me figured out.