Monday, March 12, 2007

Tender Mercy: Elder Van Winkle's Mission Call

My little nephew Kolton got his Mission Call! Okay, so he isn't so little anymore, but that is beside the point. He has always been so kind and a great example to me and my children. He invited all of his family on both his mom and dad's side plus some close friends and some neighbors that aren't member's of our church, but love Kolton and have been so interested at how missionaries go on missions and pay for it all themselves, and don't choose where they are going, etc.

We all made guesses at where we thought he might be called on his mission too. He opened his envelope and read it line by line and when he got to the part you have be called to serve in the Peru, Lima South, mission, we all let out a scream. How exciting.

The humble feelings that I felt reaffirmed my testimony of the inspiration that comes with the mission call. I was grateful to be apart of that occasion and mostly that my boys were witness to the excitement and feelings that came with that. I know that they all have a desire to serve a mission and feel that it is such a tender mercy each time their lives are touched by those young men who are willing to sacrifice, willing to serve. It is a tender mercy each time someone makes the right choices and a teenager witnesses it! They have enough negative examples, hooray for the positive ones.

2 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

That is SO AWESOME!! He will be a great missionary! What a neat thing!

Jenna said...

This is great news! You remember that I spent a few weeks in Peru two years ago with Van. What a place! He will have the best two years of his life, I'm sure! Congrats to all of you! It takes a whole family to build a missionary!

About Me

Just trying to get me figured out.