Saturday, March 10, 2007

An unlikely bearer of a Tender Mercy

This entire week has been a whirl wind with so many things to do I didn't know which end was up. No time for the things that matter most. I felt thrown into the rate race with a hunk of cheese tied to my fanny! By Friday I was ready to throw in the towel, in fact I almost decided to cancel all I had to do and stay in bed. One tender mercy was I woke up rejuvenated and excited for what the day might bring.

Friday I was fortunate enough to attend a meeting on a new reading system that is going to be implemented in my son's school. I love it. I enjoyed everything about the process. I am so excited that he will have this available to him. Through the course of the day I enjoyed learning and being taught a new concept and felt myself come alive again, where I had once been dormant. I love children, I love learning, and I love teaching them. To top it off the administrator of that school decided they wanted to pay me for being there and participating.

The facilitator of this seminar was a wonderful man, Michael Maloney, author of Teach Your Children Well, (by the way I received a signed copy) It was a tender mercy for me to be there and learn from him. But mostly I was blessed to have a part of me awakened and rejuvenated that hadn't been noticed for a very long time. This probably sounds strange to most everyone, but I found a "peace" of me that had been lost some where along the way of domestic-hood!

I found that several things I learned I could implement at home in several areas that will help me in my role as a mother/teacher/educator to my children.

What an unlikely person to bring a tender mercy into my life, a man, best selling author, educator, all the way from Canada, etc. And yet isn't that how tender mercies come into our lives, by unlikely means, when we least expect it. I know this person doesn't realize the tender mercy he performed for me yesterday, I kinda failed in not sharing with him my gratitude for what he brought into my life. I want to be able to express my gratitude to him, I think I'll write a letter??? Anyway, I can't wait to discover the next tender mercy in my life.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Love this, Lori! What a positive thing you're doing, focusing on the tender mercies and blessings of the Lord. You know what they say, what you focus on increases in your life, so look out for an abundance of more 'tender mercies'! It's a great way to live! Love ya!

About Me

Just trying to get me figured out.